There can be many reasons why your vape can get hot.
- If you continuously vape this can cause it to become hot, due to the elements heating the coil.? The more you use it the less time your coil has to cool down, so it will continue to get hotter and hotter.? To solve this problem, try not to over use you vape for prolonged periods of time.
- Sometimes people find using a metal drip tip can cause them a problem when it comes to their vape getting to hot.? As some coils sit very close to the base of your drip tip this can cause the heat to travel up to your lips.? You can solve this problem changing your drip tip to a different material e.g. delrin plastic or glass.
- Vaping at high wattages can also cause your vape to get hot, due to your heating elements having to run at a higher temperature to get to the higher required wattage.? To solve this problem, you could try using a different coil that will run at a lower wattage that you find suits you better.
- Another problem can be a bit more serious and it could be that there is a problem with your battery or batteries.? If you find that it is the actual vape and not the tank that is getting hot you need to ask yourself the following questions.? How long have I had the battery?? Could it be that its old and it?s a sign that its time to replace it?? Are you running it at a wattage that is too high for your battery to handle? These can cause your battery to become hot along with many more reasons.? If you find that it is your battery that is becoming hot and you don?t know the reason your best option is to take it in to a vape shop and get it checked out.
Some people think there is a problem with there vape when they hear it crackle but this usually isn?t the case.
- It is normal for your vape to crackle as this is just your e-liquid warming up on the coil.? This is what it needs to do to produce the vapour.
- Usually the higher wattage coils in your vape will tend to pop more, due to your heating element having to heat up a lot quicker to get to the required wattage.
- You may also find that using your vape with very little e-liquid in, can cause your vape to crackle, so just top up your tank and see if this stops it.
- You may also find that your vape crackles less when you need to replace your coil, you may notice that the less it crackles the less vapour or flavour you may be getting.? So your vape crackling can actually be a good indication that it is working well and as it should do.
If your vape flashes up an error message saying shorted or something similar, it is telling you that there is an electrical short occurring.
When an electrical short happens the built-in protection circuit on a regulated MOD will kick in, and this will stop your e-cigarette from working.? This indicates that there is something wrong so when you hit the fire button it will not vape.
A lot of the time the short happens between the coil and the tank and doesn?t have anything to do with the battery itself.? A short can also happen because of a dirty 510 connector, e-liquid leakage or dust can make its way into the connector, this may cause a weak or dirty connection between the coil and the battery causing problems like a shorted error message.
One problem you can try to fix is to see if you have the coil inserted into your tank correctly, you can do this by simply removing the coil and replacing it back making sure that it is inserted in the correct way.
If you have tried to replace the coil with a new one and are sure that it is fitted correctly, you can then try the next step which is to clean out the 510 connector.? Wiping it down will clean it usually resolve any shorting issues related to your e-cigarette.
To clean out the 510 connector you can follow this simple guide.
- Remove the tank from the battery
- Use a dry cotton bud or tissue to remove dirt or liquid.
- Make sure that you give the bottom of the tank a good wipe also before screwing back onto the battery.
Hopefully this will sort out the problem, in most cases these steps should solve your issue,
If you continue to receive a shorted message you can also try your tank on another battery, if you still receive the message there could be an issue with the tank itself it could be worn out and could just be a case of replacing your tank.
With the wide range of nice flavours now available to purchase vaping has become more enjoyable as well as the many other benefits.? There can be a few reasons as to why your e-cig tastes burnt.
- First off make sure that you buy your e-liquid from a reputable vendor, purchasing bad e-liquid could simply be your problem.
- You may need to replace your coil.? A burnt taste is usually an indication that it?s time to replace your coil.? We usually advise that a coil will last you between 1 week and 1 month depending on usage and general maintenance. ? Also letting your new coil soak for at least 10-15 minutes before using, this will prevent you burning your coil out straight away.? Not letting your coil run dry is another good tip for coil maintenance so top up often for a longer lasting coil.
- If you are using a higher VG based liquid, your coil can collect gunk residue quite quickly.? This is an easy fix with a quick rinse.
There are 4 main reasons why your vape may be harsh.
- If you?re using a high nicotine content, you may need to switch to a lower strength nicotine that doesn?t produce such a big throat hit, making it a lot smoother.
- Changing your PG/VG ratio. If you are using an e-liquid containing more PG this will give you the flavour and bigger throat hit. Using a higher VG content produces more vapour and a smoother throat hit, so changing your e-liquid to one containing more VG may solve your problem.
- Changing your wattage. Turning down your wattage will mean that you inhale less nicotine and receive a smoother throat hit.
- Adjusting your airflow. If you have a tank that has airflow on, and you have this closed this will allow you to get a more concentrated vapour with more nicotine, if you are finding this too harsh open the airflow to give you a smoother vape.